California Retaliation Lawyers
Often referred to as “whistleblowing”, retaliation generally occurs when the employer takes adverse action like termination, demotions/suspension, harassment/sexual harassment or discrimination against the employee because the employee engaged in a protected activity. The Law Offices of Michael D. Payne is committed to protecting workers from workplace retaliation.
Protected activities in the workplace giving rise to retaliation include the following:
- Opposing illegal or unethical business practices
- Filing a harassment or discrimination charge with the EEOC (federal) or DFEH (state)
- Participating in sexual harassment or discrimination investigations
- Requesting a reasonable accommodation
- Asking about employee salary information in order to determine if the employer is violating state or federal Equal Pay Act laws
Contact A Los Angeles Retaliation Lawyer
Email or call us at 1-888-627-5474 for a free consultation if you think you are a victim of state or federal employment law violations in the workplace. At the Law Offices of Michael D. Payne we will fight for your rights and seek just compensation for the damages caused by your employer.